Are turns and rivers hitting the underdog too often?
it seems to run in cycles imo. I play mostly sng's and when I get hit by about 3 gross beats in a row I call it a night because it will go on all night like that.
Could someone from WSOP.com just explain how the deck is randomized? Do you use an algorythm/RNG, or is the randomness linked to natural events (white noise or what ever) as many gaming sites?
Unless WSOP.com's software is crap, you're just noticing variance. If we had access to full hand histories that we could data-mine with tools like Poker Tracker and Hold'em Manager, then you'd be able to run your own hands and see how far they are off of expectation (of course, you would need a large sample size before the results would be usable; 100 or even 1000 instances won't cut it). Another reason to make full HH available!
I was playing earlier in a tourney and some guy was shoving preflop almost every hand. I finally picked up a hand and called him.
Hero-77 Villain-52 clubs
flop 355 turn 7 river 5
now that is bad beat!
- All Categories
- WSOP.com Announcements
- WSOP Live Event Announcements
- WSOP Moments (Videos, hands, etc)
- WSOP Las Vegas
- WSOP Circuit Events
- WSOP.com NV Customer Support
- WSOP.com NJ Customer Support
- WSOP.com NV Promotions, Bonuses, and Suggestions
- WSOP.com NJ Promotions, Bonuses, and Suggestions
- WSOP.com NV Action Club (Loyalty Program)
- WSOP.com NJ Action Club (Loyalty Program)
- Poker Goals and Challenges
- Poker Beginner Questions
- Brags and Bad Beat Stories
- Cash Games
- Multi-Table Tournaments
- Sit n Go Tournaments
- The Rail (General Discussion - Non-Poker Related)
This Weeks High Earners
- tartoga1 1